GETTING TO SALAMANCA
Depending on what time your flight arrives to Madrid; buses may be available from the airport directly to Salamanca. Please check express bus schedule first as it is the least complicated. If express buses are not available, see options for getting to Salamanca via downtown Madrid.
TRANSFER FROM MADRID AIRPORT
The Adolfo Suarez Barajas Airport in Madrid has four terminals. T4 is the most recently renovated and it is situated apart from terminals T1, T2 and T3. T4 is made up of two buildings (T4 and T4S), which are connected by an underground train. Terminals T1, T2 and T3 connect to T4 thanks to a free bus service.
AVANZA BUS EXPRESS
The express bus service goes from the Madrid Airport directly to Salamanca. The airport bus station is located in T1.
- If arriving at T2 or T3, you may walk or take the free bus between terminals, to get to T1.
- If arriving at T4, it is not necessary to change terminals because there is also a bus stop for Salamanca in T4.
|Days||Leaving T1||Leaving T4||Arrival in SALAMANCA|
|Mondays and Fridays||09.00||09.15||11.45|
Approx. Price: 26.05 Euros (Contact us to confirm)
If you are interested, Mester can reserve your bus tickets for you at no additional cost. Ask us and we´d be happy to help.
- If arriving at T4, you should look for the train station within T4.
- If arriving at T1, T2 or T3, you should take the free bus between terminals to get to T4. The free bus stops are found outside, upon exiting the airport.
|Leaving Madrid Airport T4||Arrival to MADRID ESTACIÓN CHAMARTÍN||Leaving MADRID ESTACIÓN CHAMARTÍN||Arrival to SALAMANCA|
Approx. Price: 26.00 Euros
Aprox Price: 245 Euros each way (490 Euros round trip)
without scheduling restrictions, and without supplement for additional persons.
For Taxi service, it is necessary that students inform Mester of their flight details at least four days before their arrival.
Warning: If a student´s flight is delayed more than one hour, he or she should pay the driver 15 Euros for each hour delay.
TRANSFER MADRID AIRPORT TO SALAMANCA VIA DOWNTOWN MADRID
- Take “Cercanías” to the Bus or Train Station in downtown Madrid.
- Go to Terminal T4 of the airport
- TakeLine C1 (direction: towards Príncipe Pío) to:
- The South Bus Station (Estación Sur de Autobús)
- From 5:59 AM until 10:30 PM
- Get off at Méndez Álvaro
- Approximate duration: 29 minutes
- The Chamartín Train Station (Estación de Tren Chamartín)
- From 12:15 AM until 11:28 PM
- Get off at Chamartín
- Approximate duration: 12 minutes
Approx. Price: 2.55 €.
Frecuency: 30 minutes.
Take Bus or Train to Salamanca. See Below for Details.
- Go to Terminal 2 or 4. (If arriving at T1 or T3, you will have to walk or take the free bus service to Terminal 2.)
- Take line 8 to the center of Madrid. Get off at either:
- The South Bus Station: From Line 8, change at “Nuevos Ministerios” for Line 6, and take Line 6 (Circular) to Méndez Álvaro.
- The Chamartín Train Station From Line 8, change at “Nuevos Ministerios” for Line 10, and take Line 10 to Chamartín.
Metro Schedule: From 6:05 AM until 2:00 AM
Prices: Single ticket 4.50 Euros.
Approximate duration to the South Bus Station or Chamartín Train Station from Airport T1-T4: 49 minutes.
Approx. price from airport to downtown: 30 Euros
- BY BUS:
Avanza Bus Schedule and Prices:
Approx. price round trip: 23 Euros
- BY TRAIN
It is possible to take the train directly from the Madrid Chamartín Train Station to Salamanca.
Schedule and Prices:
Approx. price one way trip: 20 Euros