The Adolfo Suarez Barajas Airport in Madrid has four terminals. T4 is the most recently renovated and it is situated apart from terminals T1, T2 and T3. T4 is made up of two buildings (T4 and T4S), which are connected by an underground train.
Terminals T1, T2 and T3 connect to T4 thanks to a free bus service.
1) Bus: AVANZA BUS EXPRESS
The express bus service goes from the Madrid Airport directly to Salamanca. The airport bus station is located in T1.
- If arriving at T2 or T3, you may walk or take the free bus between terminals, to get to T1.
- If arriving at T4, it is not necessary to change terminals because there is also a bus stop for Salamanca in T4.
|Days||Leaving T1||Leaving T4||Arrival in SALAMANCA|
|Mondays and Fridays||09.00||09.15||11.45|
Price: 26.05 Euros
If you are interested, Mester can reserve your bus tickets for you at no additional cost. Ask us and we´d be happy to help.
The train station (called Cercanías) is located in T4.
- If arriving at T4, you should look for the train station within T4.
- If arriving at T1, T2 or T3, you should take the free bus between terminals to get to T4. The free bus stops are found outside, upon exiting the airport.
|Leaving Madrid Airport T4||Arrival to MADRID ESTACIÓN CHAMARTÍN||Leaving MADRID ESTACIÓN CHAMARTÍN||Arrival to SALAMANCA
Price: 26.00 Euros
3) Taxi Service
Special Taxi pick-up service can be arranged for transport from the Madrid airport to your accommodation in Salamanca.
Price: 245 Euros each way (490 Euros round trip) without scheduling restrictions, and without supplement for additional persons.
For Taxi service, it is necessary that students inform Mester of their flight details at least four days before their arrival.
Warning: If a student´s flight is delayed more than one hour, he or she should pay the driver 15 Euros for each hour delay.
1) FROM MADRID AIRPORT TO DOWNTOWN MADRID
- If you want to come Salamanca by bus:
- Take “Cercanías” to the Bus or Train Station in downtown Madrid.
- Go to Terminal T4 of the airport
- Take Line C1 (direction: towards Príncipe Pío) to:
- The South Bus Station (Estación Sur de Autobús)
- From 5:59 AM until 10:30 PM
- Get off at Méndez Álvaro
- Approximate duration: 29 minutes
- If you want to come Salamanca by train:
- You need to go to the Chamartín Train Station (Estación de Tren Chamartín)
- From 12:15 AM until 11:28 PM
- Get off at Chamartín
- Approximate duration: 12 minutes
- Price: 2.55 €.
- Frecuency: 30 minutes.
2) TAKE BUS OR TRAIN TO SALAMANCA. See Below for Details.
- Take the Metro:
- Go to Terminal 2 or 4. (If arriving at T1 or T3, you will have to walk or take the free bus service to Terminal 2.)
- Take line 8 to the center of Madrid. Get off at either:
- The South Bus Station:
- From Line 8, change at “Nuevos Ministerios” for Line 6, and take Line 6 (Circular) to Méndez Álvaro.
- The Chamartín Train Station
- From Line 8, change at “Nuevos Minesterios” for Line 10, and take Line 10 to Chamartín.
- Metro Schedule: From 6:05 AM until 2:00 AM
- Prices: Single ticket 4.50 Euros.
- Approximate duration to the South Bus Station or Chamartín Train Station from Airport T1-T4: 49 minutes.
- Approximate price from airport to downtown: 30 Euros
3)TAKE A TAXI TO DOWNTOWN:
- Taxi stops are located outside the arrival area at each terminal.
1) BY BUS:
Avanza Bus Schedule and Prices:
|Time Leaving Madrid South Bus Station at Méndez Álvaro||Arrival in Salamanca||Frequency||Price in Euros|
|7.00||9.30||Monday to Saturday||23,05|
|16.30||19.15||Monday to Saturday||16,65|
|17.30||20.35||Monday to Saturday||16,65|
2) BY TRAIN
It is possible to take the train directly from the Madrid Chamartín Train Station to Salamanca.
Schedule and Prices:
|Time Leaving Madrid Chamartín||Arrival in Salamanca||Price in Euros|
- We recommend that you take a taxi from the Train or Bus station to your accommodation. The price is about 5 Euros.
- Written schedules and prices are subject to modifications by bus, train and metro companies.
- Highway Transport: AVANZABUS http://www.avanzabus.com
- National Network of Spanish Railroads: RENFE Web: http://www.renfe.es
Renfe: Commuter Train Services, Madrid: http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/cercanias/madrid/index.html
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +34 902 240 202
- Madrid Barajas Adolfo Suarez Airport: http://www.aeropuertomadrid-barajas.com/
- Taxi Service Madrid (Airport) Phone: +34 914 804 613 / +34 914 804 619 / +34 914 804 623
- Madrid Metro Service: http://www.metromadrid.es/ Phone: +34 902 444 403
- Salamanca Train Station – Vialia Mall
Street: Paseo de la Estación, s/n
Phone: +34 902 24 02 02
- Salamanca Bus Station
Address: Avenida Filiberto Villalobos 71-85
Phone: +34 923 23 67 17
- Salamanca Taxi Service
Phone: +34 923 25 00 00
- Salamanca City Buses: GRUPORUIZ http://www.gruporuiz.com
This information was collected during 2015, prices and times are approximate. We recommend you check them, with companies or our school before starting your trip
Depending on what time your flight arrives to Madrid; buses may be available from the airport directly to Salamanca.
Please check express bus schedule first as it is the least complicated. If express buses are not available, see options for getting to Salamanca via downtown Madrid.